Position Title: Program Officer – Energy Efficiency
The Illinois Clean Energy Community Foundation seeks to promote energy efficiency throughout Illinois by offering programs and incentives that encourage the reduction and more efficient use of energy in buildings and communities. The Program Officer for Energy Efficiency will develop, implement and manage these initiatives.
· Work with staff to develop the overall framework for Energy Efficiency programs and ensure they align with the Foundation’s goals
· Manage the Foundation’s current Energy Efficiency programs
o Interact extensively, by phone or in person, with grantees and applicants regarding energy efficiency grants
o Ensure internal and external grant-related processes for Energy Efficiency are user friendly and working smoothly
o Assist applicants with grant submissions
o Investigate and evaluate grant proposals
o Prepare program-related materials for review committee and Board meetings
o Prepare grant documents and process payment requests
o Track and evaluate grantee performance
o Conduct site visits
o Prepare Energy Efficiency program reports, as needed
o Maintain Foundation’s Energy Efficiency web pages
· Develop and implement new programs
o Develop new program initiatives and supporting strategies for implementation
o Create new application materials and processes, as needed
o Conduct research and analysis to improve current programs and offer new initiatives. This may include administering surveys, doing industry-specific research, attending conferences, and other related activities.
o Track program metrics to monitor the impact and progress of Foundation grants
o Perform other duties pertaining to the Energy Efficiency Grant Portfolio as assigned by either the Director Energy Programs and/or the Executive Director.
· B.A. or B.S. in Energy Management, Environmental Science, or related field
· 3-5 years of experience preferred, including work on energy efficiency at the building and/or community level
· Proficiency using Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point)
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Strong organizational and project management skills
· Superior attention to detail
· Ability to work on multiple tasks with minimal supervision
· Fired up about energy efficiency
Salary for this position will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Please send a cover letter, resume, writing sample and salary history to Gabriela Martin, Illinois Clean Energy Community Foundation, firstname.lastname@example.org, BY MARCH 15, 2015.
For additional information about the Illinois Clean Energy Community Foundation, visit our website at www.illinoiscleanenergy.org