Cress Creek Garden Club
Guidelines for Scholarships
The goal of the Cress Creek Garden Club Scholarship Committee is to provide aid to
students of higher learning in the areas of horticulture, landscaping, environmental
studies and other related fields.
TO BE CONSIDERED, THE APPLICANT MUST:
- Submit a completed application package
- Have graduated from high school or presently be in their final year of high
- Be enrolled or accepted into an accredited institution of higher learning
- Have a current GPA of at least 3.0 out of 4.0
- Be enrolled in a major relating to horticulture or related studies such as
environmental science, landscape design, forestry, botany, etc.
THE COMPLETED APPLICATION PACKET IS DUE APRIL 1 AND MUST INCLUDE
- A completed scholarship application form
- Two sealed letters of recommendation, with the signature across the seal, from
an advisor, academic instructor, volunteer coordinator or work supervisor
- Most recent official transcripts from high school or college
- A 300-500 word essay describing yourself, your educational background and
future plans after graduation. Within the essay, include and elaborate on the
. organized activities or clubs in which you have participated
. work or volunteer activities during the past three years related to your chosen
. other work or volunteer activities
. professional goals after you graduate
. additional information you wish to include to support your application
NOTE: Requirements for students re-applying for this scholarship are the same as
above with the exception of the essay which should describe how their college and
other experience in the past year can be applied toward their future work.
The scholarship recipients will be determined in April based on the above criteria. All
awards will be sent to the school of the scholarship recipient’s choice.
Last Revised: 2013