This program is administered by Scholarship America, the nation's largest designer and manager of scholarship, tuition assistance and other education assistance programs for corporations, foundations, associations and individuals. Awards are granted without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, age, gender, disability or national origin.
Applicants to the Energy Efficiency Experts of Tomorrow scholarship program must:
- Be current postsecondary undergraduates entering their junior or senior year who are enrolled in full-time study at an accredited four-year college or university for the entire 2017-18 academic year.
- Have declared a major of Engineering or Environmental Science.
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (or its equivalent).
If selected as a recipient, the student will receive a $5,000 award. Up to four (4) awards will be granted each year. Awards are not renewable, but students may reapply to the program each year they meet eligibility requirements.Awards are for undergraduate study only.
- Start by clicking Register to Apply at the bottom of this page. You must read and agree to a consent statement, supply a unique and valid email address, and create a username and password.
- Correspondence throughout the application process will be by email. Email messages will be sent to the username and email address registered when you created your account. Be sure to add email@example.com to your contacts or address book and check your email regularly!
- Complete the application by entering data in the format described. Proper punctuation and standard capitalization (Jill Smith, 10 Main Street, New York, NY) must be used.
- During the application process, you may leave the site prior to submission by clicking Save and Log out.
- Once all application requirements are satisfied, Lock and Submit will be available near the bottom of the Review Application page.
- Carefully review your application before clicking Lock and Submit. Once submitted, you will no longer have access to your application.
- It is recommended that you keep a copy of your application for your records.
- You will receive an email acknowledgment of your submitted application.
The following documents must be uploaded as part of your application.
- A current, complete transcript of grades. Grade reports are not accepted. Unofficial or online transcripts must display student name, school name, grades and credit hours for each course and term in which each course was taken.
- A completed Applicant Appraisal Form (click to view and print the form).
The first 125 applications submitted will be accepted for evaluation. The program deadline is February 1, 2017, or when 125 applications are submitted, whichever comes first.
Note: Customer Service is available Monday thru Friday 7:00 a.m to 4:40 p.m. Central Standard Time.
Selection of Recipients
Scholarship recipients are selected on the basis of academic record, demonstrated leadership and participation in school and community activities, honors, work experience, statement of goals and aspirations, unusual personal or family circumstances, and an outside appraisal. Financial need is not considered.Selection of recipients is made by Franklin Energy Services, LLC. All applicants agree to accept the decision as final.
Applicants will be notified in April. Not all applicants to the program will be selected as recipients. Students may reapply to the program each year they meet eligibility requirements.
Payment of Scholarships
Scholarship America processes scholarship payments on behalf of Franklin Energy Services, LLC. Payment is made in one installment on August 1.
Recipients have no obligation to Franklin Energy Services, LLC. They are, however, required to notify Scholarship America of any changes in address, school enrollment, or other relevant information, and to send a complete official transcript when requested.
Franklin Energy Services, LLC reserves the right to review the conditions and procedures of this scholarship program and to make changes at any time including termination of the program.
Call: 1-507-931-1682 and ask for the Energy Efficiency Experts of Tomorrow scholarship program