The Northwest Mosquito Abatement District
Position: Field Technician
Starting Pay: $11.00 per hour
Field Technicians protect the public’s health by inspecting standing water for mosquito larvae and treating the water as required. During heavy mosquito outbreaks employees may be required to work additional hours (9 hour days, Saturdays, or evenings) to control mosquito larvae and the biting adults. No experience is required. Positions are available in Wheeling and Hoffman Estates.
Criteria for Employment
- At least 18 years of age
- A motor vehicle record that meets the District’s standard as noted on job application
- Reliable transportation to be at District facilities when required
- Able to work out of any three of the District facilities: Wheeling, Elk Grove, Hoffman Estates
- Pass the Illinois Department of Agriculture General Standards Exam with a score of 70% or above. Study materials will be supplied.
- Able to work full time hours (7:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.) Monday through Friday for at least 7 weeks from May 1th to Sept 30th 2017 AND adjust to overtime hours to serve District needs
- Able to work a minimum of 3 evenings during the work week to serve District needs
- Able to work Saturday shifts to serve District needs
- Able to work extended work days to serve District Needs
- Meet additional District requirements outlined on the job application and explained in detail during the interview process
Interested applicants must first complete an application available online at nwamdil.com. Or you can request a PDF application you can fill out on a computer and email back. The application is located under Seasonal Job Opportunities. After review of the application and motor vehicle record, qualified applicants will be contacted to complete an in-person interview at the District’s Wheeling location.
Contact John Blankenberg, Chief of Field Operations, at (847) 537-2306 for additional information
Applications can be mailed to Northwest Mosquito Abatement District, 147 West Hintz Road, Wheeling, IL 60090 or faxed to (847) 537-2583. Applications may also be dropped off in person from 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.