|Job Category||University Staff|
|Department / School / College||Institute Enviro & Sustainability (IES) - 03250A|
|Is this partially or fully grant funded?||No|
|Duties and Responsibilities||- Develops relationships with LUC and community stakeholders to advance the University Sustainability Plan toward Carbon Neutrality in the areas of:|
- Transportation: promotes reduction of single occupancy vehicle usage; promote campus bike program.
- Waste Reduction: promotes recycling, composting and source reduction programs and activities.
- Food services with Aramark, Facilities, and the community: promotes sustainability such as waste reduction; composting; etc.
--- Purchasing: promotes sustainable purchasing practices across the university.
- Collaborates with University Department such as First-Year Experience and Residence Life in the development of the Green Learning Community seminars, and co-curricular activities.
- Develops and manages outreach programs and co-curricular activities that support the University's sustainability plan including: the Loyola Farmers' Market; Think Green and Give; Recyclemania; waste reduction; and documentary film series.
- Mobilizes and coordinates student and community volunteers who participate in environmental sustainability programs/activities and special events.
- Gives public talks, engages with diverse university audiences to share information and heighten awareness.
- Creates and distributes communication materials about sustainability.
- Assists undergraduate students and student groups in pursuing environmental academic and leadership experiences and projects serving as mentor and advisor.
- Builds new relationships and fosters existing relationships with local and regional partners.
- Performs related duties as required.
|Minimum Education or Experience||Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree preferred. Three to five years of related work experience required.|
|Certificates, credentials or licenses required to perform the duties of this position:||None required, but certificates in renewable energy, energy efficiency, waste management, agriculture, landscaping or other sustainability skills are preferred.|
|Computer Skills:||- Advanced MS Word processing, MS Excel or Spreadsheets, MS PowerPoint and MS Access or Database Software.|
- Adept user of Internet, e-mail and other office automation systems.
- Experience with graphics design / communications tools such as Adobe Illustrator, MS Publisher or other tools will be considered.
|Qualifications:||- Good verbal and written communication skills.|
- Strong inter-personal skills to work with a diverse community faculty and staff employees, graduate and undergraduate students, and external community institutions.
- Must be self-directed, motivated, team-oriented, and able to work independently or collaborate with others on projects and programs.
- Must maintain professional approach, exercise objective judgement, maintain confidentiality, and work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to mentor interns and other students.
|Does this job involve significant physical strain or activity?|
|What unusual working conditions are associated with this job?|
|Campus||Rogers Park-Lake Shore|
|Job Open Date||09-03-2015|
|Job Close Date||Open Until Filled|
|Candidates Eligible to Apply?||All Candidates|
|Application Types Accepted||University Staff Application|
|Required Applicant Documents||CV/Resume|
|Optional Applicant Documents||Cover Letter|
|Special Instructions to Applicants||Please provide your CV/Resume and a cover letter describing what specific experiences make you an appropriate candidate for this position.|
|Quicklink for Posting||www.careers.luc.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=58372|