Engineering Resource Associates, Inc. is seeking a highly motivated Wetland Scientist to work in our Warrenville, IL office. The primary role of this position is to perform environmental field and reporting tasks associated with: wetland delineations, stream quality assessments, wetland and stream mitigation design and monitoring, wildlife habitat evaluations, endangered species habitat assessments and surveys, rare plant surveys, impact assessment and mitigation planning, construction observation and vegetation monitoring. Must be comfortable working in physically challenging outdoor situations in all types of weather and be willing to travel on a regular basis to sites in Northeastern Illinois. However, travel to central/southern Illinois, Indiana and Wisconsin may be required occasionally. The ideal candidate will have graduated from an accredited college or university with a BS in Biology/Ecology/Natural Resources or related field in addition to the qualifications listed below:
• Knowledge of Midwest flora, fauna, and natural systems;
• U.S. Army Corps of Engineers 40 hour wetland delineation training;
• Experience with municipal, state, and federal environmental and wetland regulations, permitting, and policy as well as Clean Water Act Section 401/404 permitting;
• Certification as a Professional Wetlands Scientist (PWS) or Wetland Professional In Training (WPIT), Certified Erosion Control Specialist (CPESC), or certified wetland scientist in any/all of the Cook County collar county programs preferred;
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and technical writing;
• Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills;
• Project coordinator for client contact, scheduling tasks and interaction with reviewing agencies and other stakeholders;
• Ability to multi-task and take on multiple projects at a time;
• Experience with basic computer programs - MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
• Experience with statistics, GPS, ArcGIS or AutoCAD;
• Proficiency in technical and business writing;
• Candidate must be organized, self-motivated, dependable, personable, and able to multi-task and work effectively as a team player;
• Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Engineering Resource Associates (ERA) offers a professional work environment with competitive benefits and compensation package as well as exceptional learning opportunities. If you are interested in this position please send resumes to Tiffany Engelhardt at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About our Firm
Engineering Resource Associates, Inc. (ERA) is a consulting firm providing civil engineering, structural engineering, environmental science, and land surveying services to clients throughout Illinois, Indiana and Wisconsin. Our diverse clientele includes municipalities, park districts, forest preserve districts, sanitary districts, county agencies, state agencies and private entities. We have more than two decades of experience identifying and working with a wide variety of local, state and federal funding sources. Our staff of professionals includes licensed professional engineers, structural engineers, surveyors, environmental scientists, certified floodplain managers and CAD/GIS specialists.
Our firm specializes in providing comprehensive services throughout the planning, design and construction phases of engineering and environmental assignments. The following is a partial listing of the primary types of projects that have been successfully completed by our firm.
• Water Resource Projects – Master Plans, Watershed Studies, Ordinance/Guidance Manuals, Storm/Sanitary Modeling, Floodplain Mapping, Stream Restoration, Levee Certification, and CRS Services
• Transportation Projects – Roadways, Intersections, Streetscape, Lighting and Parking Facilities
• Infrastructure Projects – Sanitary Sewers, Storm Sewers, Water Mains, and Pumping Stations
• Structural Projects – Bridges, Retaining Walls, Buildings and Structural Forensics
• Environmental Projects – Wetland Facilities, Stream Bank Stabilization, Best Management Practices, and Natural Area Restoration
• Recreational Projects – Riverwalks, Golf Courses, Bicycle and multi-use Trails and Community Parks
• Surveying and Mapping Projects – Topographic Surveys, Boundary Surveys, Construction Layout and GIS Services
• Construction Assistance – Full and/or part time Resident Engineering, Site Observation, Construction Administration and Record Drawing Submittals