ELMHURST GARDEN CLUB SCHOLARSHIP
FOR EXPLORATORY PROGRAM
YORK COMMUNITY HIGH SCHOOL
This scholarship is open to students who will be sophomores or juniors in the fall of 2017. The mission of the Garden Club is to promote interest in conservation, the environment, landscape design, horticulture, biology and/or botany.
Our award will allow students to explore one of these areas in a formalized setting: a workshop, camp, experiential program, internship, and/or college course that focuses on one aspect of our mission. The award is meant to give the students a hands-on experience. Students will need to register for the program before applying for the scholarship.
The requirements to apply for the scholarship include:
- A completed application with your signature and the signature of a parent or guardian granting permission for you to attend.
- A description of the program you are applying signed by one of the science teachers.
- A copy of your application to the program.
- A letter indicating your interest in this area with specific examples of previous experience and related activities
- A 3.0 average verified by an official transcript
- Two letters of recommendation, one from a science teacher and the other from someone who knows you well and your interest in your specialized area.
Please note: If you are selected to receive this award, the money will be sent directly to pay for your tuition in the program. The Garden Club will fund up to $1500.
The completed application containing all of the information should be mailed to Jean Baldikoski, Elmhurst Garden Club, 440 S. Prospect Avenue, Elmhurst IL 60126. The packet must be postmarked by May 1, 2017.
Link to application